Matthew 9:37-38 “Jesus said to his disciples, “The harvest is so great, but the workers are so few. So pray to the Lord who is in charge of the harvest; ask him to send out more workers for his fields.”
I was out on my morning run this morning when I heard this thought, “People really need good news in this dark world.” I could suddenly see this brochure. It said boldly on it, “The Ten Best Nuggets of GOOD NEWS You Could Ever Read in These Hard Times.”
Then I began to see the list.
1. Jesus still feels the same about you today as He always has! He loves you! The Bible says, “Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today, and forever.”
2. Jesus only wants good for you! The Bible says, “For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.”
4. Jesus’ love reaching out to you does not change! The Bible says, “I am the Lord, I change not.”
5. Jesus has a gift for you and like all gifts it was paid for at His expense. It’s free to you. You only have to open it and receive it. It’s the assurance of the gift of Heaven. The Bible says, “For God so loved the world that He gave His only Son, so that everyone who believes in Him will not perish but have eternal life.”
5. God has no desire or interest in condemning anyone for their sins including you! The Bible says, “God did not send His Son Jesus into the world to condemn it, but to save it.”
6. God wants to put your sins out of His and your mind forever! The Bible says, “…I will forgive their wickedness and will never again remember their sins.”
7. The God of the universe wants to become your intimate friend who speaks to you and helps you navigate through this troubled world. The Bible says, “Look! Here I Jesus stand at the door and knock. If you hear me calling and open the door, I will come in, and we will share a meal as friends.”
8. God wants to bless you and make your life rich in blessing. The Bible says, “…From this day onward, I will bless you.”
9. God wants you to be assured that though the world is filled with hurt and pain, that is not His will and if you give yourself over to Him, He desires to protect you in the midst of it. The Bible says, “Though a thousand fall at your side, though ten thousand are dying around you, these evils will not touch you.”
10. God does not want your world filled with hurt and pain. He wants to save you from it. It starts by believing in His Son Jesus Christ and asking Him to forgive your sins and be your Savior. The Bible says, “For “Anyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved.” “Saved” means receiving eternal life, delivered from troubles and sin, healed, protected, and made whole – nothing broken, nothing missing.
The brochure I was imagining closed with these words. My friend, “You are known by God whether you know Him or not. He thinks good of you whether you think good of Him or not. He wants good for your life whether you want good for your own life or not. God loves you whether you love yourself or not. Nothing you have done or can do will disqualify you for God’s love so don’t disqualify yourself – open your heart to Him. This is the best news you will ever receive in this earth. God bless you!
After this short scene in my heart happened, all I could do was think about how many people need this good news. When I came home, I sat down and prayed today’s Fresh Manna verse – what Jesus taught His disciples to pray. “He said to His disciples, “The harvest is so great, but the workers are so few. So pray to the Lord who is in charge of the harvest; ask him to send out more workers for his fields.” I pray we will share His love, our Manna, and His Good News! Bless you today!
(1) Heb 13:8, (2) Jer 29:11, (3) Mal 3:6, (4) John 3:16, (5) John 3:17, (6) Jeremiah 31:34, (7) Rev. 3:20, (8) Haggai 2:19, (9) Psalm 91:7, (10) Romans 10:13
Published by Pastor Tim Burt
Copyright© 2008 Tim Burt, All rights reserved.