The Roman Road
The Romans Road is a collection of verses in Paul’s Epistle to the Romans that reveals the need and the path to making Jesus Christ the Lord and Savior of your life.
Far too many people imagine what God might be like but struggle because they don’t really know. They are fearful of what they don’t know. Many wrongfully believe they will go to heaven because they have lived a good life, done kinds things for others, have been baptized as a child, attended church, or treated others kindly. The Bible declares that every one of us has sinned. None of us have a clean slate. We could never atone for our own sins. We could never be good or righteous enough through our own efforts to earn Heaven. This is why we need to understand the path that God has laid out for us to receive forgiveness of sin and eternal life as a gift of grace through His Son, Jesus the Christ.
- We must acknowledge God as the Creator of everything, accepting our humble position in God’s created order and purpose. Romans 1:20-21“For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even His eternal power and Godhead, so that they are without excuse, because, although they knew God, they did not glorify Him as God, nor were thankful, but became futile in their thoughts, and their foolish hearts were darkened.”2. We must understand that we are sinners and that we need forgiveness. None of us are worthy under God’s standards. Romans 3:23“For all have sinned, and fall short of the glory of God.”3. God made provision and a way to be forgiven of our sins. He showed us His love by giving us the potential for life through the death of His Son, Jesus Christ. Romans 5:8“But God demonstrates His love toward us, in that, while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.”4. If we die without receiving Jesus’ saving grace and forgiveness of sin, we die with our sins and rejecting this ultimate gift from God. Sin leads to Hell. Forgiveness gives eternal life through Jesus Christ. If we repent of our sins, and accept Jesus Christ as our Lord and Savior, we will have eternal life. Romans 6:23“For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.”
5. Pronounce to God that Jesus Christ is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead and you are saved. Romans 10:9-10
“That if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. For with the heart one believes unto righteousness, and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.”
6. There are no other religious formulas or rituals. Just call upon the name of the Lord and you will be saved! Romans 10:13
“For whoever calls on the name of the LORD shall be saved.”
7. Make the decision in your heart to make Jesus Christ the Lord of your life today. Romans 11:36
“For of Him and through Him and to Him are all things, to whom be glory forever. Amen.”
The Roman Road: Are You Ready?
The Roman Road shows you the path – are you ready to accept God’s gift of Salvation now? If so, believe in what Jesus Christ did for you on the cross, repent of your sins, and commit the rest of your life to Him. This is not a ritual, just a prayerful guideline for your sincere step of faith:
“Father, I know that I have broken your laws and my sins have separated me from you. I am truly sorry, and now I want to turn away from my past sinful life toward you. Please forgive me, and help me avoid sinning again. I believe that your son, Jesus Christ died for my sins, was resurrected from the dead, is alive, and hears my prayer. I invite Jesus to become the Lord of my life, to rule and reign in my heart from this day forward. Please send your Holy Spirit to help me obey You, and to do Your will for the rest of my life. In Jesus’ name I pray, Amen.”
“Repent, and let every one of you be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins; and you shall receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.” (Acts 2:38)
If you decided to receive Jesus today, welcome to God’s family. Now, as a way to grow closer to Him, the Bible tells us to follow up on our commitment.
- Find a local Bible-teaching church where you can worship God.
- Tell the Pastor or someone in the church you are a new Christian. They will help you!
- Get baptized as commanded by Christ.
- Tell someone else about your new faith in Christ.
- Spend time with God each day. It does not have to be a long period of time. Just develop the daily habit of praying to Him and reading His Word. Ask God to increase your faith and your understanding of the Bible.
- Seek fellowship with other followers of Jesus. Develop a group of believing friends to answer your questions and support you.
Did you become a follower of Jesus today?
Learning to read and understand the Bible becomes possible when you’ve received Jesus into your heart. The Holy Spirit comes to live within you and teach you the meaning and understanding to God’s word. But, every Christian needs help. That’s why it’s good to find a good Bible teaching church and learn and grow. I pray that you’ll also read Fresh Manna. It will help you learn God’s word, bring instruction and direction to your life, and also encourage and inspire you. You can find it here: https://timburt.org/
God bless you richly,
Pastor Timothy Burt